A Firm Fighting For Truck Accident Victims In South Florida
Large semi trucks and other commercial vehicles serve an important purpose in transporting the goods we use every day. Unfortunately, these same trucks are responsible for crashes that result in thousands of deaths and injuries each year. In a collision between a large truck and a smaller vehicle, there is no question about which vehicle’s occupants will suffer the most harm.
I am Jennifer Felipe, founder of Felipe Law. If you or someone you love has been seriously injured in a truck accident caused by the negligence of a truck driver or trucking company, you can rely on me and my team to fight aggressively to secure the compensation you need and deserve. We are here for you every step of the way.
The Most Common Causes Of Commercial Truck Accidents
Most of the time, truck accidents are the result of negligence on the part of the truck driver, trucking company or both. Common causes include:
- Fatigued or drowsy driving – Drivers commonly spend too many hours behind the wheel, and many truckers suffer from obstructive sleep apnea and other medical conditions that contribute to fatigue.
- Distracted driving – This may include eating and drinking, using their smartphones, or communicating with dispatchers.
- Speeding and reckless driving – Trucking companies commonly set unreasonable delivery deadlines for their drivers, forcing them to drive unsafely in order to ensure the delivery is made on time.
- Vehicle maintenance issues – Trucks suffer a lot of wear and tear, which can cause safety issues if not addressed quickly. Unfortunately, truck drivers and companies often fail to conduct regular equipment inspections or bring their trucks in for repairs, leading to tire blowouts, brake failures and other serious hazards.
- Improper cargo loads – Truck accidents are often caused by cargo loads that are too heavy, improperly secured or unbalanced.
- Failure to adapt to conditions – 18-wheelers take significant time and distance to stop. That’s why it is especially important that truck drivers slow down and pay attention in heavy traffic or bad weather. When they fail to respond to changing conditions, other drivers get hurt or killed.
When you hire Felipe Law, we begin an immediate and thorough investigation into the cause of your crash to prove that the truck driver and/or trucking company are to blame for your injuries.
Why You Need A Skilled Attorney In Your Corner
Trucking companies are backed by expensive commercial insurance policies. When an accident occurs, insurers fight aggressively to protect their own bottom line by denying liability. Their goal is to pay you nothing for the injuries that their policyholders caused.
After a truck accident, you cannot count on reasonable negotiations or direct appeals to the commercial insurer. These companies have a team of lawyers fighting to protect their interests. You need a legal team, too, and that’s where we come in. We will work tirelessly for you and your family. Because we work on a contingency-fee basis, we only get paid if we help you recover money.
Tell Us Your Story And Discuss Your Options For Free
Felipe Law has offices in Fort Lauderdale and Miami, and we represent clients throughout South Florida. To take advantage of a free initial consultation, you can contact us online or call 305-564-9879. Hablamos español.